Blog Archive

Wednesday 13 March 2024

Trains, Jetties, Ferries & Bicycles

 A few days ago I put my bike, with camping gear, on the train and headed to Stony Point to get the ferry to Phillip Island. It is a long story, full of adventures, annoying mishaps and pleasant experiences. One annoyance was having to wait for the ferry for two hours at Stony Point jetty, but one thing about being both a reader and a sketcher is that no waiting time need be a wasted opportunity.

  So, I drew a Japanese woman and son fishing. The boy was an expert on fish and explained to his mum what each of the two fish, he caught were. he also knew that a particular variety of whiting had 'no limits' on size catch.

  The two pictures were actually part of a single pic but I scanned the two pages separately and added some tints to make them two pictures.

  The mother took a photo of my drawing.




No comments:

Post a Comment