Blog Archive

Monday 1 April 2024

Southern Cross Waiting Room

 After an eventful hitch-hike home from Adelaide I ended up in Southern Cross station waiting room. It was an excellent place to sketch people. 
  The first picture was done in pencil. I added a tint and some digital color.

The chairs were designed to stop people laying down. The sign also reinforced that people were not to lay down. I assume this was to stop homeless people moving in. This fellow did not get the message and was most likely warn out by a long journey.
  This was the last picture I did as my train would be due in 15 minutes. It was a very quick one done with disposable calligraphy pen.
As I had used up my gel pen I did some drawings with pencil. I added a colored tint on computer. The figure at right was of a very agitated and nervous looking man who also appeared like he might be homeless. His attitude was a bit disturbing. His loud prayers in the adjoining prayer room were the finishing touch.

No comments:

Post a Comment