Blog Archive

Saturday 6 April 2024

Schizophrenic Rap Player

 I was at Melton station recently. I had nearly an hour to wait for the Melbourne train and was reading my fantasy novel, finally getting into it when I heard a loud annoying cacophony. It turned out that a dark man in a hoody was playing, from out of a large bag, his rap 'music'. Why should I have to listen to this crapolla?

  So I approached him and asked him to turn it down. He replied, in animated fashion, that he was schizophrenic. That didn't make me feel any better about having my ears assaulted so I left and went through the tunnel to the other platform where there was an office and asked if they could call the cops to shoot him. Unfortunately, no such happy event occurred but he did disappear - maybe paranoia got the better of him.

  However, I find most, even annoying events, to be eventually fortuitous and it has given me the idea for another eventual Mick and Hoppa story.

  It was a quick drawing and it was impressionistic as the train was soon to arrive. The man was no longer there to model for me, so it is really a cartoony impression.

   


No comments:

Post a Comment